Classic Leveling Amplifier with Vacuum Tubes, Optical Attenuator and Midas Transformers
KLARK TEKNIK KT-2A
If ever there is an official "Audio Technology Hall of Fame", it will definitely include a shrine to the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*. We pay homage to this audio-processing pioneer that has graced so many recordings, with our KT-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier. And while vintage Teletronix LA-2As are extremely rare and expensive, the KT-2A is amazingly affordable - and designed for the 21st Century. Mastering quality compression and limiting, at a price point that makes the KT-2A equally at home in your studio - and your live rack!
The KT-2A draws inspiration from the original Teletronix LA-2A leveling amplifier, which was first produced in the early 1960s. Since then, Teletronix leveling amplifiers have been prized for their smooth musical sound, and audio engineers have utilised them at all stages of the recording process - from tracking to mastering.
- Classic tube compressor/leveling amplifier modeled after the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*
- Completely discrete signal path
- Premium selection 12AX7, 12BH7 and EL84 tubes
- Lag-free optical attenuator based on original electroluminescent technology
- Custom-built Midas input and output transformers
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz, +/
- 1 dB
- Gain Limiting: 0 to 30 dB
- Ultra-fast attack time: 10 milliseconds
- Release time: 50 milliseconds to 5 seconds
- Adjustable stereo-link connection
- Variable pre-emphasis for digital audio recording and broadcasting transmission
- Vintage-style meter features gain reduction and output
- Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
- Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.