Experience the same musical support as if a pro drummer were sitting in on your session. The KR-55 Pro gives you an easy way to enjoy jam sessions with the backing of real drum/percussion sounds. It provides a rich variety of input jacks, mixer functionality, effects, and equalizer, as well as a versatile recorder that can record to an SD card. The intuitive interface means that there’s no need for complex programming. Battery-powered operation allows complete mobility from desktop to street performances, or use in a variety of situations including live events in small spaces.
- 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using KORG’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology.”
- Each rhythm style includes a rich variety of patterns: two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending.
- Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically.
- A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing multi-channel mixing.
- A high-quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound.
- You can perform along with a rhythm style, and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card.
- Multi-track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks.
- The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility. You can also tune while hearing a guide tone.
- Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound.
- The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use.
- A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot.
KORG KR-55 Pro Drum Machine with Live Recorded Rhythms, Multiple Inputs
24 rhythm styles, two variations for each rhythm style, each variation has three patterns (basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2), ending
Rhythm Chain function
30 banks (up to 999 measures can be registered in each)
PCM audio WAV format (file name extension .wav), 44.1 kHz, 16-bit
Depends on the SD card used; approximately 100 minutes per 1 GB
Maximum continuous recording time
Number of songs
Number of multitrack recordings
Depends on the remaining free capacity of the SD card
PCM audio WAV format (file name extension .wav) 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, Stereo
Maximum data size (time)
Depends on the memory card used; approximately 100 minutes per 1 GB (for WAV data)
Maximum number of data files (number of folders)
Up to 99 songs (per folder); a total of eight folders M1–M8 inside the PLAYER folder can be used.
10 banks (up to 24 songs can be registered in each)
ACOUSTAGE (wide stereo effect)
12-note equal temperament
Tuning Guide tone
Three types (guitar, bass, piano)Display
7-segment four-digit LED
Usable SD cards
SDHC card 4 GB–32 GB (recommendation)
MIC IN jacks
XLR-3-32 type (balanced), input impedance 4.7k ohm, nominal level -43 dBV
INPUT 1 jack, INPUT 2 jack (guitar, bass)
1/4" (6.3 mm) monaural phone jack (unbalanced), input impedance 1M ohm, nominal level -26 dBV
AUX INPUT jack
1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo mini-phone jack (unbalanced), input impedance 10k ohm, nominal level -17 dBV
FOOT SW jack
1/4” (6.3 mm) stereo phone jack, usable foot switch: VOX VFS5 foot switch
LINE OUT L/R jack
1/4" (6.3 mm) monaural phone jack (unbalanced), maximum Level: 0dBV 30mW 32 ohm
1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo mini-phone jack, maximum Level: 0dBV 30mW 32 ohm
DC 9V, six AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride are supported)
Approximately 7 hours (when using alkaline batteries or nickel-metal hydride batteries)
* Varies depending on the batteries used and the conditions of use
Dimensions (W x D x H)
244 x 220 x 68 mm / 9.61" × 8.66" × 2.68"
1.4 kg / 3.09 lbs. (without batteries)
AC adapter (DC 9V)