61 semi-weighted keys (C2 – C7) with velocity and aftertouch
Performance that takes you places
KORG debuts the newest High Performance Arranger in the acclaimed Pa-Series of Professional Arrangers, the Pa1000. The Pa1000 has plenty of new sounds (featuring Defined Nuance Control for enhanced realism) which keep performances fresh and exciting, as well as an enormous expanded range of styles covering music genres from all over the world. Combine this with powerful performance functionality, an intuitive user interface and rich, sculpted sound and you have an Arranger for the most discerning and demanding player.
The Pa1000 sound engine uses four times the PCM memory of the best-selling Pa900 and extends the amount of User PCM memory to 600MB using compression. The number of User Style locations has also expanded to a maximum of 1,152 which will cover almost every style imaginable. The improved built-in speaker system produces a strong, full-bodied sound that’s enhanced by standard features such as the TC Helicon Vocal Harmonizer, a Dual MP3 player & recorder, and the Dual Crossfade Sequencer. Video output is standardized, so your audience can sing along to the onscreen lyrics. The Pa1000 packs all this in a high‐quality case with aluminium inserts in the side-panels of an elegant chassis to provide a prestigious look on any stage!
Totally new is the addition of KAOSS FX, which give you creative control on your performance. From subtle morphing between Variations and Drum Kit types, fine mixing between accompaniment Sounds, live reshaping of ongoing rhythms, to the most radical note-crunching effects used by countless DJs, tape delay and arpeggios, you can add ‘liquid mixing’ to any Style or MIDI Song with the aid of easy-to-use computer-assisted composition features. Push the boundaries of your musicality!
With more power than ever before and numerous long-awaited new features, the Pa1000 sets a new standard for arranger workstations. A massive leap forward from the legendary and best selling Pa900, KORG has raised the bar of excellence by offering newer, even more realistic sounds and powerful new features, delivered in a slim and professional looking design, at an even more affordable price.
Feel the keyboard
The 61-key keyboard offers a semi-weighted action, feels just right, features naturally responsive key-on/key-off velocity sensitivity and aftertouch, and is designed for musicians of all levels.
Slim, powerful and easy to use
The Pa1000 has been designed with the concept of combining a slim profile with a professional motif. The 2x33 Watt amplifiers drive the 4 loudspeakers in a bass-reflex enclosure to generate a rich, full-bodied listening experience. The main panel has been optimized to ensure that all controls are ergonomically positioned and intuitively located to make every performance feel smooth and natural. Big, bright, and bold, the new capacitive TouchView display hosts a redesigned graphical interface that is easier than ever to read, even under the most demanding lighting environments.
Sound quality at its best
The Pa1000 relies on KORG’s advanced EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) sound engine, and comes complete with over 1,750 ready-to-play sounds. This realistic collection offers a vast gathering of classic and contemporary keyboards, band and orchestral instruments, plus electronic and acoustic instruments—from techno to folk. Included are two new multi-layer stereo grand piano (with damper and body resonance), plus electric pianos from the acclaimed KORG SV-1 Stage Piano.
Do it with Style
The Pa1000 delivers over 430 Styles, straight out of the box. Each one is a fully-realized musical environment dedicated to creating a particular musical style. With so many to choose from, the Pa1000 can provide instant access to a vast and robust range of musical genres. Each Style features 4 Fill Ins + Break patterns, one for each variation. Using the new Auto Fill function they can be automatically recalled as you move between the four variations.
The latest Styles – today!
Thanks to an all new built in Standard MIDI File to Style converter you can quickly and easily have on board styles of the latest songs! Just obtain a new Standard MIDI File, load it into the Pa1000 and the inbuilt converter will easily and quickly turn it into a full KORG style while also creating a Chord Sequence from the Song’s chords.
The Pa1000 includes the best of the KORG library. 2 Insert and 2 Master effects can be used for the accompaniment tracks, while 1 Insert and 2 Master effects can be used for the real-time keyboard tracks. 148 effect types are available, including reverbs, delays, vintage stomp box simulations, amp and cabinet simulators and more.
TC Helicon® Voice Processor
KORG’s long term cooperation with the world leader in vocal harmonies, TC-Helicon®, continues in the Pa1000. With new features and algorithms, the TC-Helicon Voice Processor ensures your vocals have the highest possible sound quality. Up to 3 realistic voices are available and can be controlled by the keyboard, or by MIDI events. Other 5 effect blocks are available, including EQ, Compressor, Gate, and two FX.
Refine your guitar’s pure sound
Guitar FXs let you add pedal and studio effects to a guitar connected to the dedicated Guitar input on the back of the instrument. We selected some of the best guitar effects from the KORG collection, to add the sound of all-tube amplifiers, realistic distortion, chorus or delay pedals, and the highest quality studio reverbs.
The famous KORG XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer Player supports the MP3+G (also known as MP3+Graphics) format for MP3 files in addition to the most popular lyrics formats. This new feature allows backing sequences to play with enriched lyrics and graphics which can be displayed simultaneously on the on-board TFT display and on an external monitor. There is also a Marker Function, allowing direct jumps to a given position in the song.
And because the Pa1000 is very clever, it can record your entire performance! You can run a song, play the keyboard, sing along and everything will be recorded in MP3 format and stored on an external USB device or in the internal memory.
Korg PA1000 61-Key Pro Arranger with Speakers, Tiltable Color Touch Screen
- 61 semi-weighted keys (C2 – C7) with velocity and aftertouch System
- Upgradable operating system, Multitasking, Load while play
- EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – eXpanded)
- Filters with resonance, 3-band EQ on each Sound
- 128 voices, 128 oscillators
- 2 insert effects; 2 master effects (148 types)
- Keyboard Sounds
- 1 insert effect; 2 master effects (148 types)
- Final mastering effects
- Limiter, Master EQ
- Voice Processor
- EQ, Compressor, Gate, 3-voice Harmonizer (or Double), 2 x FX. Harmonizer, Double: Technology by TC•Helicon®
- More than 30 Factory, 64 User
- Guitar Processor
- 3 x FX. Presets: 45 Factory, 64 User
Sounds / Drum Kits
- More than 1,750 Factory Sounds, including two multilayer Stereo Pianos with damper and body resonance, GM/XG sound sets and 107 Drum Kits
- 512 Sounds, 256 Drum Kits
- Digital Drawbars
- 9 footages, percussion, key on/off, leakage, rotary speaker effect
- DNC (Defined Nuance Control) Technology, Natural Ambience Drums Full Sounds/Drum Kits editing
- User PCM Sample memory
- 300 MB compressed (equivalent to 600 MB linear data)
- Loads KORG, WAV, AIFF and SoundFont™ formats
- Saves KORG, WAV and AIFF formats
- Full Edit, Time Slice, Sampling
- More than 430 Factory Styles, freely reconfigurable sets
- 1,152 locations, including User and Direct banks
- Eight Accompaniment tracks, 4 Keyboard Sets, 4 Pads per Style; Style Settings (Sounds and Arranger parameters) on each Style
- Guitar Mode 2, Parallel and Fixed NTT (Note Transposition Table)
- Style/Pad Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit
- Style Creator Bot (MIDI Song to Style Converter)
- Style controls
- 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 4 Fills, Break, 3 Endings, Synchro Start, Synchro Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Bass Inversion, Auto Fill, Manual Bass, Memory, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Style to Keyboard Set Mode
- Chord Sequence recorder and player in Style Play mode
- Chord Sequences can be saved to Style and SongBook Entries
- Edit functions
- Delete, Copy from Style/SongBook, Import/Export from/to SMF
- Keyboard Set Library
Keyboard Set Library
- Memorize Keyboard Sound settings
- More than 300 Keyboard Sets, freely reconfigurable
- 864 locations, including User and Direct banks
- ‘My Setting’ special Keyboard Set
- Automatic MIDI FX generator
- More than 65 Factory Presets
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer Player with X-Fader control
MID, KAR, MP3+Lyrics, MP3+G
Two Players with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls
Lyrics, Score, and Chord data can be displayed on screen, or on an external video monitor
Markers with Add, Delete, Edit and Loop functions
MP3 Player / Recorder
Double MP3 Player and MP3 Recorder
Transpose (+6/-5 semitones), Tempo change (±30%)
Records MP3 files, including Styles, MIDI Songs, MP3 Songs, Keyboard Sounds, Pads, Microphone, Guitar, Effects, KAOSS Effects
Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions
Full-featured sequencer, 16 tracks, Up to 200,000 events, SMF (MID) native format
Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, MIDI Songs (MID and KAR files), MP3 Songs, with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes
User definable Set Lists, with Entries selectable from the control panel
Filtering and sorting options
Styles, Performances/Keyboard Sets, Programs/Sounds, Songs, SongBook Entries, Pads
Four Assignable Pads + Stop buttons
Pad Record function
Master Volume, Fade In/Out, Keyboard-Acc/Song Balance, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale memorized inside Keyboard Sets, Joystick, Audio In Volume, Mic FX Level, Harmony/Double On/Off, Mic/Guitar Preset, Audio In Mute ,2 Assignable Knobs, 3 Assignable Switches, Tempo +/-, Tempo Lock, Metronome On/Off, Dial, Search, Shift, Chord Scan (Lower, Upper), Split, Track Select, Record
Virtual Quarter Tone SubScale Keypad, 4 x Scale Presets
Damper pedal (supports half-pedaling with the optional DS-1H pedal)
1/4” jacks, +20dBm, 12k Ohm
1/4” jack, with Gain control (0 — +40dB)
12k Ohm (Mic) / 500k Ohm (Guitar)
1/4” jack, +21dBm, 0.003% THD+N@+18dBm
1/4” jack, 16-200 Ohms (50 Ohms suggested)
2 x 33 W
2 x 100 mm woofers in bass reflex box, 2 x 25 mm dome tweeters
Standard MIDI connectors
USB to MIDI using the USB ports
Eight user definable MIDI Setups
HOST, for memory and controllers x 2 (front/rear)
DEVICE, for personal computers and tablets x 1 (rear)
2.0 Hgh-Speed connections (480 Mbit/s).
USB external drives (drive not included)
microSD card (not included); rear panel slot with plastic cover
- 7” Wide capacitive color TouchView™ TFT display – Manual tilt system
- Video Out
- RCA connector
- Internal System Clock
- 100–240 Volts, 50/60 Hz, 25 Watt normal / 0.3 Watt in standby
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 1030 x 378.3 x 133 mm / 40.55" x 14.89" x 5.36" (without music stand; height with music rest: 355.8 mm / 14”)
- 10.75 kg / 23.7 lbs
- AC Power Cable, Music Stand, Quick Guide manual