A polyphonic digital synthesizer that completely reproduces a classic FM sound engine
The volca series has shed new light on classic technologies by linking classic sound engines such as the groove machines and early samplers of the past with the dance music of today. Now it's time for the series to gain an FM sound engine.
The volca fm is a three-voice digital FM synthesizer that completely reproduces the sound engine of a classic FM synthesizer, and provides compatibility with it as well. The unique volca interface makes it easy to manipulate distinctive FM sounds even if you're not familiar with the complexities of FM synthesis. The 16-step sequencer that's one of volca's features provides new functions such as WARP ACTIVE STEP and PATTERN CHAIN that let you make even more powerful rhythm patterns.
3-voice polyphonic FM synthesizer, fully compatible with classic unit
The appearance of FM (Frequency Modulation) sound generation was a major turning point in the history of synthesizers. Its metallic and sharp sounds, most notably electric piano and synth bass, have been loved by all music creators since 1980 up to the present time. The volca fm perfectly reproduces the sound engine of the classic digital synthesizer that made the world aware of FM synthesis. Its six operators and 32 algorithms provide complete compatibility, and it can even load files in the SYS-EX/SYX format of the Yamaha DX7.
Super-easy sound editing
The volca fm makes FM sound editing accessible with the MODULATOR/CARRIER super-easy edit knobs – the knob movements are mapped to multiple parameters for sound changes that are easy to understand. FM enthusiasts can also menu dive into full parameter edits. The volca fm comes accompanied with a Parameter List Guide to assist this.
Onboard CHORUS effect
Along with a perfect reproduction of the sound engine, the volca fm is also equipped with a lush chorus effect to add depth to your sounds and further expand its sound-creating potential.
KORG Volca Fm Volca with 6-OP, 3-Voice Polyphonic FM Synthesis, Presets, Chorus,
- Multi touch keyboard
- FM synthesis
- 3 voices
- 6 operators, 32 algorithms
Number of Programs
- Modulator (Attack, Decay), Carrier (Attack, Decay), LFO (Rate, P.Depth), Algrtm
- Available to edit full parameters for each operator in Edit Mode
- Transpose, Velocity, Octave, Arp (Type, Div)
- 9 (each 3 patterns of "Rise", "Fall", and "Random")
- Poly, Mono, Unison
Number of Parts
Number of Steps
Number of Recording Patterns
- Motion Sequence, Active Step, Warp Active Step, Pattern Chain, Metronome
- Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V)
- Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
When two units of volca fm, available to export the sound programs and sequence data from a volca fm to the other one
- Available to convert and load SYS-EX/SYX file created on the Yamaha DX7
- AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6
- AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 193 x 115 x 40 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.57”
- 360 g / 12.70 oz. (Excluding batteries)
AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable, Edit Parameter List
- AC adapter (DC 9V) KA-350 (Sold Seperatly)