THE M4000D DIGITAL MELLOTRON
The M4000D digital Mellotron has been very well received by the keyboard community. It has been used onstage and in the studio by many well-known artists, musicians and producers, to name a few:
FooFighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Wilco, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age, Eels, Jackson Browne, Bruno Mars, Band of Horses, Fleet Foxes, Sean Lennon, Brendan Benson, Air, Kooks, Train, Elbow, Michael Beinhorn, Bob Rock, Raphael Saadiq, Noel Gallagher
Since its presentation in 2010 the digital Mellotron has been very popular at the trade shows Namm and Frankfurt Musikmesse, being selected as Mix Certified Hit at the 2010 NAMM show. It has been developed by us here at Mellotron. It is solely our own product and has features rarely seen in today's keyboards.
- Mellotron style wooden keyboard with depth sensitivity and polyphonic aftertouch via MIDI out.
- 100 original Mellotron and Chamberlin lead sounds included, with IMMEDIATE access.
- The sounds are taken from the original first-generation tape library giving the same sound quality as the original Mellotrons made in the 60s and 70s.
- It has our very advanced and in-house developed streaming technology for uncompressed 24 bit audio reproduction.
- The software and audio engine has taken 3 years to develop, but our concept of the digital Mellotron has been in development since the mid 90s. We bought parts of the original inventory from a company called 'Mellotron Digital'.
- Furniture quality cabinet with hinged lid.
- Expansion slot gives you 100 extra sounds on special compact flash cards, all from the original archives. There will be ca 8 expansion cards released with a large variety of sounds.
- Two high-quality TFT displays and a backlit laser cut front panel.
- Our very advanced and in-house developed streaming technology for uncompressed 24 bit audio reproduction.
- Three gold plated balanced XLR outputs, all other connectors are gold plated for maximum reliablilty.
- Dimensions: 859x501x135 mm, weight 17.5 kg.