Midas NEUTRON Audio System Engine
High Performance Audio System Engine with 192 Bidirectional Channels and 96 kHz Sample Rate
The powerhouse at the centre of the PRO X system, the new NEUTRON High Performance Audio System Engine is the result of a three year research and development program that pushed the MIDAS engineering team well beyond their already considerable expertise and knowledge.
NEUTRON’s cutting-edge, latest generation DSPs and high-performance FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) technology, coupled with a highly efficient MIMD (Multiple Instruction, Multiple Data) architecture, delivers more than 100 Gigaflops of real-time audio processing. With the capability to handle up to 168 simultaneous input channels and 99 time-aligned and phase-coherent output mix buses, NEUTRON represents the state-of-the-art in digital audio mixing technology.
HyperMAC and AES50 audio networking technologies allow up to 288 inputs and 294 outputs at 96 kHz sampling frequency combined with 40 bit floating point processing precision, which can be dynamically assigned to the PRO X’s input channels and bus outputs on a dynamic scene-by-scene basis. This high level of connectivity, coupled with the large channel and bus counts, make the PRO X and NEUTRON equally at home in theatres and symphony halls as it is in live concert touring, outside broadcast and music festivals.
- Audio System Engine with industry leading 108 Gigaflops digital signal processing performance
- HyperMAC Router with 192 bidirectional channels over copper and optical fibre
- 40 bit floating point processing with 96 kHz sample rate
- Dual redundant connection to control centre for enhanced reliability
- Snake connections up to 500 m with optical fibre or 100 m with CAT5/5e cable
- Fitted with 4 DSP cards as standard for N+1 redundant operation
- Expansion card slot for additional connectivity options
- Features Neutrik etherCON* AES50 and Ethernet control network ports
- Dual-fibre Neutrik opticalCON DUO* connector used for optical fibre snake connection
- Rugged 7U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Three bay auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply with N+1 redundancy
- 10-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.