With 2 sets of physical drawbars per manual, extremely realistic simulations of a B3 tone wheel organ, Vox and Farfisa transistor organs and a beautiful sampled baroque pipe organ the new Nord C2D is the ultimate portable organ solution.
- B3 tone wheel organ simulation
- Improved Key Click simulation
- Improved Percussion model
- Improved Bass Response
- Rotary Speaker and amp simulations
- Delay, EQ, Drive and Reverb effects
- New 122 Rotary and Overdrive simulations
- Farfisa* and Vox* transistor organ simulations
- Baroque Pipe Organ
- Dual manual, 61 key waterfall keys
- Two sets of physical drawbars per manual
- Left hand drawbar preset panel
- 11-pin Leslie* Output
- Lightweight (16kg)
TONE WHEEL ORGAN
The B3 model of the Nord C2D is the result of over a decade of perfecting our tone wheel simulations, a journey that started with the original Nord Electro and followed by the award winning Nord C1 and Nord C2 Combo Organs. Not only have we analyzed the signals from each of the 91 spinning tone wheels inside several original instruments - we have also paid years of attention to each and every one of the intricate details that make up the characteristics of the actual sound in a vintage organ.
Our simulation not only reacts to the panel settings but even adapts to the real time performance and will faithfully reproduce the important foldback and energy robbing characteristics; the latter produces the gentle compression effect that makes those lovely smears absolutely wonderful. There are 4 tone wheel modes available, ranging from the default vintage battered workhorse with plenty of leakage to a clean factory spec'd instrument.
Click, Percussion and Vibrato
The Nord C2D features a greatly improved simulation of the characteristic mechanical key clicks that are an crucial component of the classic tone wheel experience and the amount can be adjusted to your taste.
The vibrato and chorus with the rotating scanner and its analog circuitry are also carefully modeled to be just as alive as the tone wheels and the Nord C2D features a redesigned percussion model that offers increased control over the percussion levels when playing near-legato.
Full hands on control
Having two sets of drawbars per manual and the new left hand drawbar preset panel makes using drawbars actively while playing a joy. The new preset panels let you instantly switch between drawbar sets and features 3 user programmable drawbar preset buttons per manual.
The Nord C2D 61-key waterfall keyboard offers an ultra-fast response and has a firm mechanical action to provide you with the rock solid feel of an original vintage instrument... For increased ergonomics the panel and upper manual has been tilted slightly towards the player and the panel between the manuals have a smooth surface that's easy on the hands when doing smears.
THE PIPE ORGAN
The Nord C2D pipe organ is based on a carefully selected baroque organ with a devastatingly beautiful sound and wide range of expression. Using cutting edge sampling technique, no efforts have been spared in producing a rich and varied sound palette for the pipe organ player.
PIPE ORGAN STOPS AND COUPLERS
|Swell (Manual II)||Great (Manual I)||Pedal||Couplers|
|Fugara 8||Principal 8||Subbas 16||PED/GR. Low|
|Rohrflöte 8||Gamba 8||Fagot 16||SW 16/GR|
|Principal 4||Gedackt 8||Gedackt 8||SW/GR|
|Spitzflöte 4||Octava 4||Swell 16|
|Nasat 3||Rohrflöte 4||Swell 4|
|Flöte 2||Qvinta 3||SW/PED|
|Vox Celeste||Octava 2||GR/PED|
|Scharf II-III||Mixtur III-IV|
|Oboe 8||Trumpet 8|
Nord C2D Combo Organ
- Master Level Control
- 2 Drawbar sets per manual
- Pedal drawbars
- 126 Program Locations
- Live Buffer
- Classic Tonewheel Organ, Vox Continental- and Farfisa-models with full polyphony
- Pipe Organ, baroque style with 21 stops. Polyphony depends on the stops being used
- Bass models (tonewheel, synthbass and pipe organ bass)
- 6 Drawbar Presets per Program Location
- Percussion Controls
- Vibrato/Chorus/Tremulant Control
- 3-band Equalizer
- 3 types of Speaker Simulations - including two Rotary Speaker models (122, 122 Close and 145) with selectable speed (slow - stop - fast)
- Delay - with feedback and tap-tempo function
- Reverb - 6 algorithms
- 2 x 61 Medium Weighted Waterfall Keys
- Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 2 Line Level Audio Outputs, L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- High Level Outputs:
- - 11-pin Leslie* standard connector
- - ¼", 6,35 mm jack
- Monitor Input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal Input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- Rotor Control Input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal or the Half Moon switch (accessory, not included)
- Swell Pedal Input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connector
- MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connector
- Bass Pedal MIDI In - 5 pin DIN connector
- USB - type B connector
- IEC C14 power connector
PIPE ORGAN STOPS AND COUPLERS