The next generation of preamp/converters.
PreSonus DigiMax DP88: 8-Channel A/D/A with recallable XMAX preamps
For more than a decade, DigiMax-series preamp/converters have been relied on in countless recording studios worldwide. The DigiMax DP88 is the latest innovation in the DigiMax line, offering digitally controlled, analog preamps and unmatched digital conversion up to 96 kHz. Like its predecessors, the DigiMax DP88 provides the connectivity, flexibility, and professional sound quality to make it a perfect fit in any studio environment.
XMAX preamps, now with remote control.
XMAX preamps provide high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, and extended frequency response. The resulting musicality and transparency has made this design an industry favorite. In 1995, PreSonus®patented digital control over analog circuits for our first product. Building on this legacy, we created a separate digital volume-control circuit ahead of our award-winning analog XMAX preamp design, providing the convenience of digital recall without sacrificing fidelity. The DP88 is equipped with eight of these digitally controlled XMAX preamps, making it a first-rate front end or expander for any studio.
The DigiMax DP88 provides professional sound quality and features previously unavailable in its class:
- Flawless analog signal path with top-quality 118 dB digital conversion
- 8 digitally controlled XMAX mic preamps with individual phantom power
- Controlled from front panel and remotely via MIDI
- Controlled from UC Surface and Studio One® 3 when connected to a PreSonus® Studio 192
- 8 balanced, direct A/D line-level inputs (DB25)
- 8 balanced DAC outputs (DB25) to expand your interface outputs
- 8 balanced, direct outputs (DB25)
- 8 channels of ADAT optical I/O with 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz sampling rate
- Input metering
- External clock-source select (ADAT or BNC)
- BNC word clock I/O
- MIDI I/O