When Waldorf introduced the Zarenbourg in 2006, this piano was one of a very small minority. It had dawned on us that few contemporary instruments offered electric pianists and keyboardists that elusive quality called soul. Reduced to the essentials, this rare breed of instrument does one thing so well that it grows on the player, becoming an extension of body and mind.
- LCD free User Interface
- Physical Modeling for E-Piano Sounds
- Direct Nand Streaming Sample Playback for Pianos and user content
- True FM synthesis
- 4 Gigabyte Nand Flash for Samples
- 76 keys weighted hammer action keyboard
- Three way active monitor system by EMES
- External Stereo Input
- Dedicated external volume knob
- Digital crossover network
- 7 Presets and 21 user Sounds
- Chrome plated stands
- SD Card slot for firmware and sample upgrade
- MIDI in/out/through
- Stereo Line out
- Digital S/PDIF output
- 7 Effects (Chorus,Flanger,Phaser,Echo/Reverb,Auto Wah,Equalizer,Overdrive)
- Unlimited combination of Effects
- Tremolo, both Stereo and Mono
- Continuous Sustain Pedal allows for dynamic pedaling
- Assignable Expression Pedal
- High performance Dual core Digital Signal Processor
- Editor Software for Windows and Mac (available 2014)
- 7 Preset Sounds
- 21 User Sounds
- Precision-welded aluminium hood
- Massive Aluminium frontpanel
- Standard color "Offwhite"
WALDORF ZARENBOURG 76-key Digital Electric Piano
Zarenbourg Editor Software
We soon discovered that no single universal sound generator can deliver the unconditional quality we were determined to achieve for all sounds. So we developed the three sound generators that now feature prominently in the Zarenbourg:
Developed specifically to conjure electric piano sounds, this physical model replicates all the components of an archetypal instrument with jaw-dropping accuracy. It actually lets you manipulate the material, shape, and consistency of tone forks and reeds, the design and action of hammers, the position and type of the pick-up, and many more key details. What makes the e-piano sound so vibrant and compelling is its vast dynamic range. We believe that this sound generator captures the full breadth of its sonic glory – and with staggering authenticity at that.
Direct Streaming sample playback
Direct Streaming technology remains the solution of choice for the sounds of classic grand pianos and their electric equivalents. Paired with a sizable sample memory, it is able to render vast sample libraries – hyper-realistically, directly, and with no time spent in buffering limbo waiting for samples to load. Uploading user samples is a piece of cake.
Six-operator FM synthesis
No e-piano arsenal would be complete without the instrument that dominated ‘80s music, the FM piano. Neither samples nor physical models truly capture the power and dynamics of its sound. So we equipped the Zarenbourg with a six-operator FM sound engine. Now it offers classic DX pianos as well as a bevy of other trademark FM sounds. Used alone or in combination with sample- and model-based sound generators, they add yet another mouthwatering variety of flavors to the Zarenbourg’s sonic smorgasbord.
The effects section offers all the must-have piano effects in to-die-for quality. What’s more, the chorus, flanger, phaser, echo/reverb, auto wah, equalizer, and overdrive may all be used simultaneously. Accessing each effect’s key parameters poses no difficulty. Tremolo is available universally for all sounds. And you can add to the seven factory presets by storing up to 21 user programs.
The software editor (Mac & PC compatible, available summer 2014) affords direct access to all generators’ fundamental sound-shaping parameters, as well as to the Zarenbourg’s menus of internal sounds and layers.