Built to perform
The Discrete 8 Pro is the new generation of a modern classic. The 1U rack audio interface packs industry-leading sound quality, transparent preamps, extensive connectivity and the powerful Synergy Core effects platform.
This versatile interface embodies a zero-compromise approach to hardware – made readily accessible via its redesigned software control panel.
- Advanced virtual routing patch-bay.
- Ultra-low latency Thunderbolt 3 connection.
- Enhanced FX processing capabilities.
- Latest generation A/D converters.
Remove complexity, add creativity
The Discrete 8 Pro allows connection between any signal source and any destination for turning any session scenario into reality. Yes, seriously: every analog or digital output, effect strip or DAW track can receive any of the analog or digital inputs, effect returns, computer source channels or the four stereo mixes. All this flexibility is accessible via the full virtual patch-bay or the simplified routing view of the original Discrete interfaces – the choice is yours.
Console-grade, times eight
The Discrete 8 Pro packs eight discrete Class-A microphone preamps, formed of six transistors each and based on circuits found in classic recording consoles. The proof is in the clarity, depth and ultra-low noise floor, with up to 65 dB of gain to satisfy even the hungriest mics.
All eight inputs accept XLR as well as line-level TS/TRS jacks, and the two front panel inputs can even be switched to Hi-Z instrument inputs.
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 PRO: 26x32 Thunderbolt & USB Interface
37 INCLUDED SYNERGY CORE EFFECTS
CLOCKING & CONVERSION
• Class-leading AD/DA conversion with up to 130dB of headroom.
• Recording, mixing and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
• Proprietary 64-bit AFC™ (Acoustically Focused Clocking) technology & Jitter
• Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
ANALOG & DIGITAL CONNECTIVITY
• 8 × Discrete 6-transistor preamps with 65dB of gain for pristine recordings. All work as microphone/line and two are also Hi-Z inputs, on combo XLR jacks, and supply 48V of phantom power.
• 8 × DC-coupled line outputs over D-Sub 25.
• Two reamp outputs on TRS ¼ jacks for further amp processing of guitar signal. They can also be used as an additional stereo monitor output – this allows you to have two pairs of monitor speakers playing together simultaneously.
• Thunderbolt™ 3 and USB 2.0 port with custom macOS & Windows drivers.
• Digitally expandable over ADAT I/O, with 16 channels available.
• Digitally expandable over S/PDIF I/O, with 2 channels available.
• Three word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input allowing you to sync the Discrete 8 Pro Synergy Core with other gear.
• 1 × Dedicated stereo monitor output over ¼ TRS.
• Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function and a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions.
• Two stereo headphone outputs with separate gain control.
• Dedicated stereo monitor output over TRS.
• Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
• Expanded routing capabilities – switch audio sources per channel based on a drop-down menu sequence or make use of a virtual routing matrix.
• Customizable presets with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer, and effects settings.
• Customizable monitoring mixes with adjustable volume, pan, and reverb.
• Easily accessible front-panel talkback with built-in microphone.
• Front panel with independent headphone and monitor volume knobs and buttons for sample rate configuration, and hands-on control of core parameters. Hardware relay-based gain knobs for each preamp, plus mode control (mic/line/Hi-Z) via the bottom display function button.
• Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation).
• Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.
REAL-TIME EFFECTS PROCESSING
• Collection of 37 Synergy Core effects modeled after classic and rare analog outboard gear.
• Synergy Core proprietary onboard platform powered by 2 × DSP & 1 × FPGA chips for real-time effects processing with imperceptible latency.
• Modeling Engine allowing pairing with the Edge line of microphones for real-time use of vintage microphone emulations.