KORG Volca Modular
A semi-modular analog synthesizer that makes modular synthesis more accessible and understandable than ever before.
Creating new sounds that don’t exist in the outside world is an unending dream which has continued since the birth of electronic musical instruments. This dream has evolved and expanded throughout the development of new and unique music production devices. The popularity of modular synthesizers around the world has generated new excitement and interest in the so-called "West Coast style" of synthesis that deviates from traditional synthesis norms. The compact body of this volca synth features eight modules and 50 patch points. While learning the basics of a modular synth, you can use popular features of the volca synthesizer line to control a unique and different flavor of analog sounds.
- The volca modular is a semi-modular synthesizer consisting of independent analog synth modules
- SOURCE: This consists of a triangle VCO carrier and a modulator.
- FUNCTIONS: This section consists of two function (envelope) generators.
- WOGGLE: This is a random signal generator containing a sample & hold circuit
- SPLIT: This module distributes one input to two outputs or mixes two inputs to one output.
- DUAL LPG: This consists of two low-pass gate circuits. Typical of the West Coast style of synthesis
- UTILITY: This is a mixing scaling module that combines two signals in various ways
- SPACE OUT: This is a stereo module that applies a spatial reverb type effect to the audio signal.
- SEQUENCE: This module is for connecting to the internal sequencer.
- A fusion of West Coast style in a volca format
- Patching allows infinite possibilities
- Sixteen-step sequencer that can automate parameters
- Randomize function that can generate accidental ideas
- Two new modes added for sequence playback: Stochastic (random) and Bounce
- Musically advanced scales, keys, and micro tuning
- Connectors that allow synchronized performance and external control
- Standard volca Sync in out plus CV/Gate input for connection to other modular synths inc. eurorack