The Nord Wave 2 is a powerful 4-part performance synthesizer combining Virtual Analog synthesis, Samples, FM and Wavetable with an intuitive layer-focused interface.
With 48 voice polyphony, innovative performance features and hands-on controls, the Nord Wave 2 offers outstanding sonic possibilities with advanced layering and tweaking on the fly.
With 4 independent synthesizers in one the Nord Wave 2 offers exceptional possibilities for layering both classic waveforms and samples.
Dedicated OLED displays for Program and Oscillator sections provide an excellent overview when shaping your sounds. The wide range of performance features and instantly tweakable hands-on effects makes the Wave 2 our most versatile performance synthesizer ever.
The new Monitor mode displays your settings for Amp Envelope and Filters in the Program display for better overview and control.
The Wave 2 features a Program Layer section with faders for easily controlling the volume or pan for all 4 layer parts at once. The Layer section also provides handy features for quick layer focus, pan control, solo and multi-editing.
The new Group feature allows you to group 2, 3 or 4 layers and lets them share the same Filter, Envelope, Arpeggiator, LFO and Effect-settings - perfect when creating complex multi-layered sounds that can be edited as one coherent sound.
The Oscillator section for each of the 4 layers offers 4 modes: Analog, Wavetable, FM and Samples and is easily browsed with our new direct category mode. The Oscillator Control features additional control over shape, sync or detune.
Analog: an extensive range of waveforms from classic analog to extended, harmonically rich new additions.
- Basic: Saw, Pulse, Pulse Width, Sine, Square with basic tuning controls.
- Shape: Waveforms where Osc Control will alter the Shape of the waveform
- Multi: 2 or more waveforms combined where the Osc Control will adjust amount of detune and spread
- Sync: Soft and Hard synced configurations, where Osc Control controls Sync Frequency
- Noise: White noise
Samples: include high-quality samples from our Nord Sample Library 3.0 as well as the possibility to add your own custom samples using the Nord Sample Editor 3. Use the embedded sample presets for instantly playable dynamic sounds or sculpt your own sound from scratch with the "Raw Samp" mode.
Wavetable: A large number of advanced wavetables covering a wide range of tonal characteristics.
FM 2, 3 and 4 operator configurations with harmonic and inharmonic variations.
Dedicated OLED Display for visualization of waveforms
The Wave 2 features a powerful multi-oscillator Unison effect with true Superwaves simultaneously generating hundreds of waveforms for extremely thick and fat sounds.
Nord Wave 2 61 Key 48 Voice 4 Layer Synth B-Stock
- 4 Layer Synthesizer with LED faders
- Virtual Analog synthesis, Wavetable, FM and sample playback
- 48 voices
- 1 GB memory for Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Effects, EQ, Delay and Reverb for each layer
- Advanced Arpeggiator and Gate features
- 61-key semi-weighted keyboard with octave shift buttons, +/-2 octaves.
- Keyboard Split with 3 split points.
- Advanced Morph functionality
- Impulse Morph for instant morphing overrides
- Group functionality for multi-layer editing
- Dedicated OLED Display for oscillator settings
- Analog: Basic, Shape, Shape Sine, Multi, Sync, Bell, Noise.
- Wavetable: Wavetables, Formants.
- FM: Dual, Triple, Vocal and Multi with Harmonic and Inharmonic options.
- Samples: Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Oscillator Control: Shape, Detune or Sync amount for Analog waveforms, Shape for Wavetables, Modulation amount for FM.
- Dual Osc: Unison control with 3 amount options.
- Semitone (-24 - +24) and Fine Tune pitch controls.
- LFO generates a triangle, square, sawtooth, inverted sawtooth or sample and hold waveforms. LFO can be routed to Filter Frequency, Osc Pitch or Osc Mod. The LFO rate can be synchronized to the Master Clock.
- AD/AR envelope
- Arpeggiator: Range: 1 - 4 octave. Modes: up, down, up/down, random. Zig-Zag option. The Arpeggio rate can be synchronized to the Master Clock.
- Poly: Polyphonic Arpeggiator for retriggering of full chords at zero range, and polyphonic arpeggio of chord inversions at larger ranges.
- Gate: Rhythmic level gate with adjustable hardness envelope.
- Pattern Mode: Pattern mode for Arpeggiator, Trig or Gate with 30+ editable presets or custom pattern.
- Patttern Editor - Dedicated editor for creating custom rhythmic patterns that can be used with Arpeggiator, Trig or Gate.
- Multi-mode filter with 12 dB (2-pole) low pass, 24 dB (4-pole) lowpass and band pass, high pass, Ladder M, low pass+high pass characteristics.
- Cut off, Resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity.
- ADSR envelope.
- Filter keyboard tracking can be set to off, 1/3, 2/3 or full.
- Adjustable Filter Distortion.
- ADSR envelope
- Transient Attack-mode for snappier attack
- Amp Velocity Amount (3 levels)
- LED fader for each layer for instant level control and overview.
- Group multiple layers for quick multi-layer editing of Amp Env, Filter, Effects, Arpeggiator etc.
- Layer Lock: Locks the currently active layer configuration.
- Split functionality: 3 split points with 8 location options and Split Crossfade.
- Individual Pan-control per layer.
- Solo mode for quickly muting all except the focused layer.
- Voice modes: Poly, Legato and Mono with Glide
- Impulse Morph: Instantly change one or several parameters at the press of a button.
- Classic Nord Morph functionality for flexible control of multiple parameters (Wheel, Aftertouch, Velocity and Control Pedal)
- Modulation Wheel
- Pitch Stick with programmable range.
- Fast assign of wheel modulation destination
- Vibrato with 3 Delay modes and Wheel/Aftertouch assign
- Keyboard Hold which can be disabled on each Layer individually
- Program Gain control
- Large OLED Display
- Program Transpose functionality
- 5 Program Buttons
- Live Mode
- Copy/Paste functionality
- Master Clock control of Arpeggiator, LFO, Effects and Delay + plus External Clock Sync
- FX section with Tremolo, Pan, Ring Modulation, Chorus, Ensemble and Vibe.
- EQ with Bass/Treble control or Parametric 1 Band control.
- Drive effect for tube-distortion
- Delay section with rate/time, tap tempo, analog mode, stereo ping-pong, dry/wet mix. The Delay speed can be synchronized to the Master Clock. Feedback loop effects: Chorus, Vibe and Ensemble, Feedback filters: HP, LP and BP.
- Reverb section with five algorithms (Booth, Room, Stage, Hall, Cathedral) + Dark, Bright and Chorale (modulated Reverb)
- Programs (single sounds): 16 x 25 (400) locations
- 2 outputs
- Headphones output
- High resolution low noise 24 bit DACs
- All control knobs and switches send and receive control change messages.
- Master Clock will sync to incoming MIDI clock.
- Soft Thru
- 2 Line Level Audio Outputs - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g., Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- Control Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 or Korg XVP10.
- USB connector with MIDI capabilities
- MIDI In & Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- User Manual
- Power Cord with IEC C14 connector
- Nord Wave 2: 990 x 100 x 295 mm (38,9" x 3,9" x 11.6")
- Nord Wave 2: 8,75 kg (19.29lbs)