Hearing in three dimensions.
The lifelike, three-dimensional soundstage of Sceptre® S8 studio monitors has garnered praise from some of the most critical engineers in the audio industry. Their unique design delivers pure and honest sound reproduction that brings to light subtle nuances in recordings that cannot be heard in other monitors. The result is panoramic imaging, finely detailed transient response, and stunning dynamics is nothing short of astonishing.
PreSonus Sceptre S8: 8" Coaxial Near Field Studio Monitor with DSP Processing
The single point source provided by coaxial designs offers unique advantages, thanks to their consistent acoustic center and symmetrical dispersion pattern. The proprietary CoActual design in the Sceptre S8 relies on custom coaxial drivers and advanced onboard DSP to create a seamless crossover transition and an even frequency response. The net result is exceptional 3D imaging and a natural listening experience that reveals the subtlest details.
With a conventional two-way design that places the high-frequency driver directly above the low-frequency driver, where you are listening is critical to how well you will hear the audio. By contrast, the Sceptre S8’s frequency response is symmetrical horizontally and vertically, thanks to its coaxial design. When coupled with Fulcrum Acoustics Temporal Equalization algorithms, the result is a crisper stereo image, greater soundstage depth, more separation between components in a complex mix, and a less fatiguing listening experience.
Accurate transient reproduction.
Consonant sounds in speech, percussion, attack and decay of musical instruments are all transient signals. Transients consist of complex combinations of many frequencies. The phase relationships of these individual harmonics are a critical part of the characteristic “sound” of an instrument or voice. When they are reproduced accurately, the result is sonic transparency, definition, and intelligibility. By maintaining the transient reproduction, even at high volumes, CoActual speakers minimize distortion and produce clean, clear, consistent audio at any SPL.
- Combines DSP time-correction and point-source design for symmetrical soundstage and micro-definition imaging
- Unique coaxial transducer integrates 8-inch midrange driver and 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded HF transducer with Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment
- Powerful DSP provides critical Temporal Equalization™ with multiple FIR filters
- HF Driver Adjust (0 dB, +1 dB, -1.5 dB, -4 dB)
- Acoustic Space settings (0 dB, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB)
- High-pass filter (Off, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, and 100 Hz, -24 dB/octave slope)
- Sensitivity (+4 dBu to -10 dBV)
Power and safety
- 180W RMS, Class D biamplification with internal heat sink
- 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- RF shielding, current-output limiting, and over-temperature protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED
Inputs and outputs
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control