The Fostex RPmk3 series headphones are successors to the reputed RPmk2 series, which for more than 30 years (including from the start of the T-series) have been used as reliable monitor headphones by professional recording studios across the globe. The unique planar-magnetic (also known as orthodynamic) driver unit incorporates Fostex's proprietary Regular Phase (RP) Technology diaphragm, which is delicately refined to achieve sharper audio reproduction for more accurate monitoring. The housing, ear pads, and head pad have also been redesigned both to derive the maximum performance of the RP driver, and provide maximum comfort for the listener.
Fostex T50RPmk3 (Closed)
- Refined Fostex proprietary Regular Phase (RP) diaphragm driver using copper foil etched polyimide film and powerful neodymium magnet
- The maximum input level of 3000mW to comply with various professional uses
- Offering three types with different sound characteristics; Open (T20RPmk3) for “Deep Bass”, Closed (T40RPmk3) for “Focused Bass” and Semi-Open (T50RPmk3) for “Flat and Clear” sound
- Newly developed low repulsion ear pad and head pad for maximum comfort
- Comes with 3m 1/4” plug detachable cable for best serviceability and 1.2m mini plug cable for portable audio use
On rare occasions, noise may occur when the headphone plug is connected and turned 90 degrees to lock it. Unless noise is heard with the plug in the locked position, it is not a problem. However,if noise or uneven reproduction volume occurs, there is a possibility that the headphone plug has become dirty. In such a case, wipe the plug with a dry cloth.