The LA-610 MkII combines a hand-built in the USA, all-tube, vintage mic preamp design — heard on classic albums by Coldplay, The Beach Boys, and Van Halen — with authentic Teletronix T4 opto-compression circuitry.
This classic channel strip design, with its warm preamp tone and smooth, natural-sounding compression, is updated with modern, user-requested features like true compressor bypass, larger metering, increased output, and an auto-switching power supply.
Record through the all-tube mic preamp derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
Compress signals with authentic Teletronix T4 opto-compression tube circuitry.
Shape your tones further with High and Low frequency shelving tube EQ
Record your tracks through vintage UA, "handmade in the USA," circuits.
UA LA-610 MkII Classic Tube Recording Channel Strip
- Mic, Line and Hi-Z Input, Line Output
- Dual Impedance Mic and Hi-Z inputs (Mic: 2K, 500Ω, Hi-Z: 2.2M, 47KΩ)
- 5 position Stepped Preamp Input Gain, Continuous Preamp Output Level
- -15dB Pad Switch (15dB Pad/Off)
- Phase reverse (0/180º)
- 48 volt Phantom Power switch (+48v/Off)
- +/- 9 dB stepped High Shelving Filter (4.5, 7, 10 kHz)
- +/- 9 dB stepped Low Shelving Filter (70, 100, 200 Hz)
- T4 Optical Compressor with Continuous Peak Reduction and Makeup Gain
- Compress/Limit/Bypass Modes of Dynamic Operation (3:1 / ∞: 1)
- Meter Source Selector Switch (Preamp/Gain Reduction/Compressor)
- Front Panel Power switch (On/Off)
- Custom Altran and Cinemag Transformers