Waldorf Iridium has made the impossible possible. The mighty synth engine from Quantum is now available in a compact form. Tracing the footsteps of its bigger brother, Iridium features all the synthesis elements of Quantum as well in a rack-compatible format. The combination of the powerful engine, incredible flexibility and detailed sound shaping facilities creates sheer endless possibilities of sound. Yet, the comprehensive layout and easy-to-understand structure lets you design your own sounds in no time. Sporting a solid metal casing and the same high level of craftsmanship like Quantum, Iridium is now ready to take over studios and stages throughout the world.
Contributing another entry in Waldorf's rich history, Iridium joins the family as a direct descendant of the PPG Wave. Though, Iridium offers much more than its ancestor. Five different synthesis models are provided by Iridium for each of the three oscillators:
- Waveform (Virtual Analog)
- Particle (Sampling and Granular Sampling)
Kernel mode has been introduced with the OS 2.0 of Quantum. This huge upgrade allows one oscillator to be turned into up to six sub oscillators. These can be interlinked through FM at audio rate and arranged in user-definable constellations. Just this upgrade alone would have provided enough additional features to create a synthesizer on its own. Now, all those functions have been integrated into Iridium as well.
Up to 7000 patches can be saved in Iridium. Patches from Quantum can be loaded in Iridium and vice-versa.
Iridium features three digital filters per voice. Two in the Dual Filter section and another one in the Digital Former. Several types are available to choose from:
- 12 or 24dB and Lowpass/Highpass/Bandpass with optional saturation or dirtiness.
- Various filter models are available including those from Waldorf Nave, Largo and PPG 3V.
- The Dual Filter section can be controlled independently or together in several different link modes.
- The Digital Former offers all the filter types and models from the Dual Filter plus unusual models like Comb, Drive, Bitcrusher and more in addition.
All filters retain a true stereo signal throughout the entire structure of the instrument.
Up and down, back and forth
6 Envelopes, 6 LFOs and many more are just waiting for being used as sources in the 40 slots of the Modulation Matrix. Each slot has one additional control amount. Modulations can be directed to almost every numerical value in Iridium. All sources and destinations can be used as many times as desired until the Modulation Matrix is full. If you ever happen to run out of LFOs or Envelopes, you can use the Komplex Modulator for generating a custom shape LFO or Envelope.
Waldorf Iridium: 16-voice polyphony, duo-timbral Synth
- 16-voice polyphony, duo-timbral
- Compatible with the Waldorf Quantum synth engine
- Waveform (VA)
- Particle (Sampling and Granular Sampling)
- Kernels (up to 6 sub-oscillators which can be interlinked through FM at audio rate)
3 Stereo Filters per voice
True stereo path
Dual Digital Filter:
- Two filters with independable modes
- 12/24dB LP/HP/BP in all combinations
- Nave, Largo, PPG, Quantum and StateVariable models
- Filter models from Waldorf Nave, Largo and PPG in HP/LP/BP/Notch
- Comb filter
- StateVariable mode
- Analyzer displayed in Filter view
- Filter curve moves when modulated (optional)
- Sophisticated filter routing options with modulatable panning and levels
- 6 Envelopes
- 6 LFOs
- Komplex Modulator (LFO/Envelope combination with user-definable shape)
- 40 slots
- Fast assign mode
- One additional control amount per slot
- Identical Sources and Destinations can be used multiple times until the matrix is full
- 4x4 silicon pad matrix with RGB backlights
- Pads can play notes, chords, arpeggios and sequences
- Latch mode
- Step sequencer with up to 32 steps for notes and parameters
- Favorites screen for quick patch recall
- Onscreen Mod Wheel, Pitch Bend and Aftertouch
- Industrial-grade highly responsive touch screen
- Over 1000 factory sounds
- Capacity of 7000 patch memory slots (numbers 0000-9999 can be used)
- Patches from Quantum can be loaded and vice-versa
- Category filter for patch list
- 2GB user sample flash memory
- 2x TS output
- 2x TS input
- Headphones output with Gain control
- DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru
- USB MIDI
- USB host for storage and MIDI devices
- MicroSD slot
- Kensington® lock
- 4 CV inputs plus Gate In, Trigger In, Clock In, Clock Out
- Inputs can be used as modulation sources in the Mod Matrix
- Sturdy metal case with aluminum knobs
- Dimensions: 440mm wide by 305mm depth by 85mm height (including controls)
- Weight: 5.4kg
- 19" rack assembly parts available in near future